Отговори
Потребителски аватар
deadface
Insorcist
Insorcist
Регистриран: вт юни 13, 2006 10:03 pm

A Very Tight Place (нов разказ)

Мнение от deadface » съб фев 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Нов разказ на Кинг ще излезе в 27 брой на "McSweeney's" през първата половина на тази година, вероятно в края на април. Засега не е известно нищо за въпросния разказ.
Изображение

Потребителски аватар
deadface
Insorcist
Insorcist

Re: A Very Tight Place (нов разказ)

Мнение от deadface » чет фев 07, 2008 3:45 am

Вече е известно, че разказът ще се казва "A Very Tight Place" (Едно много тясно място) и ще се разказва за човек, затворен като в капан в преносима (портативна) тоалетна :lol:
Откъде е дошла идеята за разказа, както и повече подробности около него можете да научите от самия Кинг:
There's a story that's written, it's been accepted for publication by a magazine. It's called "A Very Tight Place." And we live part of the year down in Florida, and I have a walk that I go on every day, that's fairly isolated. Which is good, because people don't bother me or anything. I get a chance to read a little bit, to think a little bit. And one day while I was on that walk, I saw one of these Porta-Potties. You know what I mean? They stand up, and I thought you know what? There's nobody around ... the house that it belonged to was under construction, and the workers had all gone home for the day, and I still had a mile to go to get home, and I thought, you know what? I'm going to go in there and I'm going to take a leak. That'll be good. Why not? It's there. I'll get comfortable.
King Takes on His CriticsAnd I did. I went in, and the thing had been undercut, not a lot, just the tiniest little bit. So that when I stepped into the Porta-Pottie, I could feel this thing rock a little bit on its base. And I thought to myself, you know, if ... if one of those things fell over on its door, and a person was inside, that person would be in trouble. And immediately I'm thinking Poe, The Premature Burial, I'm thinking about all the buried alive stories that I've ever read, and I'm thinking, but I've never read a story about anyone trapped in a Porta-Pottie. And there are so many interesting things that you can do with people who are in tight places, people's feelings of claustrophobia are easy to bring out. I'm not a particularly claustrophobic person myself, but I thought, "Oh, my God, this is wonderful!"
Изображение

Потребителски аватар
deadface
Insorcist
Insorcist

Re: A Very Tight Place (нов разказ)

Мнение от deadface » ср апр 09, 2008 4:32 am

Вече е известно, че разказът се разпростира на цели 73 стр. от списанието. Ето още информация за сюжета:
Spoiler
Show
I guess that the most disturbing with the story is the situation the main character, Curtis Johnson, finds himself in. He ends up there by the hands of his neighbour Tim Grunwald also referred to as The Motherfucker. You see, Grunwald believes that Curtis is a witch and that he is behind all the bad things that have happened to him lately.
I know this sounds very crazy but to Grunwald it’s the truth and I’m not sure if he is crazy or if it’s the cancer that’s slowly killing him that makes him thing that Curtis is a witch, a gay witch, but he does and as we all know witches needs to be taken care of and that is exactly what Grunewald means to do.
Изображение

Отговори